Schedule 2019 – 2020
Returning Teen Tuesday 8:00 – 9:00 (TBA)
Beginner Teen Sunday 4:15 – 5:15 (Hayley)
Beginner Thursday 8:15 – 9:15 (Ashley)
Returning Friday 8:15 – 9:15 (Morgan)
Schedule Sept 2017 – June 2018
- Thursday 7:30 – 8:30 Teen Contemporary (Ashley)
- Wednesday 8:00 – 9:00 Teen Contemporary (Ashley)
- Tuesday 8:15 – 9:15 Returning Teen Contemporary (Hayley)
Ask us about Teen Contemporary
A one hour class designed for teens to introduce the contemporary and lyrical style of dance. Contemporary/Lyrical is one of the most common styles as seen on dance reality TV shows and a popular request among teens. A free movement style will be encouraged while learning basic terminology and technique.
Our Classes run from September until mid June when we present our annual recitals. Registration for the 2019 – 2020 dance year begins April 27 and will continue throughout the summer months. We also offer on-going registration for new students throughout the year.
How to register
We accept in person registration, telephone registration with Visa or Mastercard, and email registration by scanning and emailing the completed registration form including credit card information.
- You are entitled to make-up any missed class during the year. Please see our website at www.maritimedanceacademy.com or check with the office for an appropriate make-up class time. Make- up classes are very important for exam students so that they do not fall behind on exam material.
- Classes will run from September 5th, 2019 until mid-June with a break for Christmas and New Years in Dec/Jan.
- A recital will be held in June at which time your child will perform on stage. Your costume rental fee is charged in November for the costume used for recital and picture day.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to your instructor or contact the office, we are here to help!
Dancers should wear cool, comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement and will not need to be adjusted as they are dancing. A long tank top or t-shirt and leggings work great along with bare feet or lyrical shoes. Dancers will require convertible tan tights and a bodyliner for photos and recital.