Acro Ages 5-7 Thursday 4:00 – 5:00 (Emma)
Acro Ages 5-7 Sunday 3:15 – 4:15 (Emma)
Acro Ages 8-12 Thursday 7:15 – 8:15 (Emma)
Acro Returning Ages 6-8 Sunday 1:00 – 2:00 (Emma)
Acro Intermediate Ages 9-13 Sunday 2:15 – 3:15 (Emma)
Acro Selects Sunday 12:00 – 1:00 (Emma)
Ask us about Acro
An exciting class for dancers who wish to improve their flexibility and agility. Students will study the basics of acrobatics and gymnastics while learning the safe ways to achieve their tricks and tumbling. This class is for students with previous dance experience who are currently enrolled in a dance program at MDA.
Our Classes run from September until mid June when we present our annual recitals. Registration for the dance year begins late April/early May and will continue throughout the summer months. We also offer on-going registration for new students throughout the year. See the registration page for more information.
How to register
New student should register for their age group, and will be assessed on an ongoing basis for placement in returning/placement levels. Details and forms on the Registration page, under the Classes tab.
- Make- up classes are very important for exam students so that they do not fall behind on exam material.
- Classes will run from early September until mid-June with a break for Christmas and New Years in Dec/Jan. We hold special classes for March Break as we have found that most students are able to attend a class during this week.
- Your first performance will be an in-class demonstration for the parents during the last class before Christmas break.
- A recital will be held in June at which time you will perform on stage. Your costume rental fee is charged with your first payment for the costume used for recital and picture day.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to your instructor or contact the office, we are here to help!
Dancers should wear cool, comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement and will not need to be adjusted as they are dancing. A bodysuit and leggings or shorts work great along with bare feet. Boys should wear a t shirt and shorts with bare feet.