Pre Teen 1
Schedule 2019 – 2020
Pre Teen 1
Ballet Wednesday 6:15 – 7:15 (Madison)
Jazz Wednesday 7:15 – 8:15 (Madison)
Tap Friday 4:45 – 5:45 (Ashley)
Schedule Sept 2018 – June2019
- Wednesday 5:30-6:30 Ballet (Alicia)
- Saturday 12:15 – 1:15 Jazz (Hayley)
- Saturday 1:15 – 2:15 Tap (Leah)
Ask us about Pre Teen 1
These students are generally between the ages of 10-13 years old with between 2-6 years of dance experience. This level is often recommended to students who want to dance twice per week while allowing them to dance with peers their own age. This level offers a one hour ballet class, a one hour tap class and a one hour jazz class per week. Students will work towards two dance exams with the Performing Arts Educators of Canada to be examined in February/March and a parent performance in January and the annual June recital.
Our Classes run from September until mid June when we present our annual recitals. Registration for the 2019-2020 dance year begins April 27 and will continue throughout the summer months. We also offer on-going registration for new students throughout the year.
How to register
We accept in person registration, telephone registration with Visa or Mastercard, and email registration by scanning and emailing the completed registration form including credit card information.
- You are entitled to make-up any missed class during the year. Please see our website at www.maritimedanceacademy.com or check with the office for an appropriate make-up class time. Make- up classes are very important for exam students so that they do not fall behind on exam material.
- Classes will run from September 5th, 2019 until mid-June with a break for Christmas and New Years in Dec/Jan.
- A recital will be held in June at which time your child will perform on stage. Your costume rental fee is charged in August for the costume used for recital and picture day.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to your instructor or contact the office, we are here to help!
The Pre Teen 1 class wears the school uniform black bodysuit and pink tights. Boys wear black pants and white T-shirts. Please no loose sweaters during class; it makes it difficult for the teacher to make body alignment corrections. You can purchase all required dancewear at your Maritime Dance Studio, please come in to be sized. Hair should be styled so that it is back off the shoulders and neck for all dance classes and performances. A bun is required for ballet classes.
The Pre Teen 1 class is required to have leather ballet slippers and tap shoes. They are also strongly recommended to have black leather jazz shoes for their jazz exam and the jazz portion of their class. Exam classes are not permitted to wear Payless or Wal-Mart ballet slippers because the sole of the shoe is too hard and the students cannot point and flex their feet properly. These items may be purchased at your Maritime Dance Academy studio.