New Grades 2/3
A one hour combination class for 6-8 year olds who are in grades two and three in school and in their first year of dance. Students will be introduced to tap, jazz and ballet each week while learning about various types of music, movement, dance and mime. This class may also be recommended for students who have previous dance experience but may not have studied all three styles of dance. This level participates in our end of year June recital.
Schedule 2020 – 2021
Saturday 1:30-2:45 (Miranda)
Saturday 12:30-1:45 (Mallory)
Our Classes run from early September until mid June when we present our annual recitals. Registration for the dance year begins late April/early May and will continue throughout the summer months. We also offer on-going registration for new students throughout the year. See the registration page for more information.
How to register
Details and registration forms available on the Registration page, under the Classes tab.
Ask us about New Grades 2/3
- During COVID19 protocols, there will be a limited number of opportunities for make-up classes. All make up classes must be pre-scheduled at the office. Make- up classes are very important for exam students so that they do not fall behind on exam material.
- Classes will run from early September until mid-June with a break for Christmas and New Years in Dec/Jan. We hold special classes for March Break as we have found that most students are able to attend a class during this week.
- Your child’s first performance will be an in-class demonstration for the parents during the last class before Christmas break.
- A recital will be held in June at which time your child will perform on stage. Your costume rental fee is charged with your first payment for the costume used for recital and picture day.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to your instructor or contact the office, we are here to help!
Tuition and Costs
Children’s Program classes run September to June, tuition fees are paid 10 weeks at a time. There are typically three 10 week payments, and one final 11 or 12 week payment for a student who is enrolled from September to June. The number of weeks in the final payment will be determined by the date of the June recital. If a student enrolls part way through the year, we will calculate the number of weeks remaining in the payment cycle.
1.25 hour class – $13.95 + tax per week = $160.43/10 weeks
Annual registration fee – $30.00 +tax
Annual costume rental fee – $35.00 +tax
All dance payments are made in installments throughout the year, every 10 weeks. Payments are due August , October, January and March. You may provide us with your credit card number and we will automatically process the appropriate amount on these dates. If you choose to pay fees using automatic payment, it is your responsibility to provide Maritime Dance Academy with updated credit card information. There is a $10.00 + tax late charge for late payments after the 1st week and each additional week not paid. The registration fee and costume rental fee are non-refundable once your child is registered for the class.
Our school uniform for the New Grade 2/3 class is a burgundy bodysuit and ballerina pink tights Black wrap around ballet skirts are optional. Boys wear black pants and white T-shirts. First year students are not obligated to purchase the school uniform when starting class. Please no loose sweaters during class; it makes it difficult for the teacher to make body alignment corrections. You can purchase all required dancewear at your Maritime Dance Studio, please come in to be sized. Hair should be styled so that it is back off the shoulders and neck for all dance classes and performances. (A bun is great!)
All children’s classes are required to have leather ballet slippers and tap shoes. Exam classes are not permitted to wear Payless or Wal-Mart ballet slippers because the sole of the shoe is too hard and the students cannot point and flex their feet properly. Boys wear black slippers and black tap shoes. These items may be purchased at your Maritime Dance Academy studio. Hip hop students are required to wear clean indoor sneakers for class.