Schedule Sept 2017-June 2018
- Wednesday 8:30- 9:30 New Adult Ballet St 5 (Amy)
- Tuesday 8:30- 9:30 Returning Adult Ballet St 6 (Amy)
- Monday 8:15-9:15 Returning Adult Tap St 5 (Courtney)
- Adult Tap 2
- Friday 8:15-9:15 St 5 (Courtney)
- Adult Ballet
- Thursday 8:30-9:30 St 6 (Amy)
- Adult Jazz
- Tuesday 8:30-9:30 St 4 (Kara)
Ask us about Adult Classes
A one hour class designed for adults who are interested in learning tap. Basic tap terminology, technique and rhythm will be introduced in a traditional tap class format. The returning class is for students with at least 1 year of recent experience and is designed as a continuation class from the 2016-2017 year.
A one hour class designed for adults who are interested in learning ballet. This class is designed for beginners and those who may have danced as a child. Basic ballet terminology and technique will be introduced in a traditional ballet class format. The returning class is for students with at least 1 year of recent experience and is designed as a continuation class from the 2016-2017 year.
Tuition and Costs
Classes run September to June, tuition fees are paid 10 weeks at a time. There are typically three 10 week payments, and one final 11 or 12 week payment for a student who is enrolled from September to June. The number of weeks in the final payment will be determined by the date of the June recital. If a student enrolls partway through the year, we will calculate the number of weeks remaining in the payment cycle.
1 hour class – $13.95+tax per week = $160.40/10 weeks
Annual registration fee – $25.00 +tax
Annual costume rental fee – $35.00 +tax
All dance payments are made in instalments throughout the year, every 10 weeks. You may provide us with your credit card number and we will automatically process the appropriate amount on these dates. If the class chooses to participate in the June recital, they may decide to rent a costume at which time a costume rental fee will be charged. If you choose to pay fees using automatic payment, it is your responsibility to provide Maritime Dance Academy with updated credit card information. There is a $10.00 + tax late charge for late payments after the 1st week and an additional $5.00 + tax each additional week not paid. The $25.00 + tax registration fee is non-refundable once your child is registered for the class.
- Classes will run from September 5th, 2017 until mid-June with a break for Christmas and New Years in Dec/Jan. We hold special classes for March Break as we have found that most students are able to attend a class during this week.
- The dress code for the adult classes is cool, comfortable clothing with long hair tied back. Ballet class students should have ballet slippers, tap class should have tap shoes and jazz class should have jazz shoes. All of these are available at our dancewear store.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to your instructor or contact the office, we are here to help!